Searching For Lessons
There are many ways to search for lessons on Cafetalk, for example: by category, by tutor, by keyword, etc.
Search by Category
Go to Cafetalk’s homepage and hover your mouse over “Lessons” on the top menu. A drop down menu will appear, showing you categories such as “Language,” “Music,” and “Art.” Select the category that interests you.
The lesson search page has some additional options you can set to narrow down your choices.
- Free word search: you can search for lessons by typing in what you’re looking for (ex. TOEIC, JLPT, interview).
- All categories: if you click on this box, you can choose from categories such as language, music, hobby, etc. After selecting a category, a sub-category menu will appear, allowing you to narrow down your choices.
- Language spoken by tutor: you can search for tutors based on the languages they can speak. For example, if you’re looking for a tutor who teaches Japanese in English, select Language/Japanese, then select “English” as the language spoken by tutor.
- Price (points): you can set a minimum and maximum number of points.
- Tutor’s country of origin: you can search by tutor’s country of origin.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Program: by selecting "only guaranteed" your display results will only show tutors who have registered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Program. Please see the following link for more details about the program. More about 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- More: additional search options include qualifications, tutor’s country of residence, has trial, has material.
Searching tutors is a great way to find lessons that best meet your needs. Click on “Tutors” on the homepage top menu and click on a tutor that you’re interested in.
This will open up their profile page and let you take a look at the lessons they offer.
Search by Schedule
If you hover your cursor over "Tutors" and select "Schedule," you can search for lessons based on your desired lesson time.
You can narrow down your choices using the same conditions as on the “Search by Category” page. Then, select the date and time you’d like to take your lesson and click “Search.”
Search Student Feedback
If you’d like to refer to reviews that other students have written before commiting to a lesson, you can do so from the student feedback page. This page allows you to choose the category you’d like to read reviews for, so it can be helpful if you’re trying to choose between different lessons.
In addition to searching reviews by category, you can also search by tag. Click on the “Select Tags” button and select the tags that describe what you’re looking for.